Sunday, September 23, 2007

"It" Moments


Last week I was working in New York City, needless to say it was a little disconcerting going from Haida Gwaii to the Big Apple. Trust me, moving from island time - to the hustle and bustle of the big city - is a study in contrast.

Over the past few years, I’ve undergone a revolution. I am no longer searching. I've learned that if you are always trying to fill the voids, you miss the important things in life. So much of it is out of our control – the only sensible thing is to let go and learn to live in the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t mean that I am always in a state of nirvana – life still has it’s ups and downs– it's all part of the journey.

So at the risk of sounding like a drama queen, here is my New York “it” moment.

This is a cell phone image from the roof of the Met, where I'm sipping a glass of champagne and taking in the sunset. Feeling connected, blessed, and overwhelmed with love for my family and friends.

3 comments:

Maggy and Me - said...

Beautiful setting and sentiments and soul. You're always inspiring Mika. Miss you.

Dil said...

Ah....nothing like a New York Minute. Hard to imagine such a peaceful look in a rat race city but you managed to find it and capture it!

Anonymous said...

Ok, there is something to be said for really, really big cities. I had a very similar moment in Paris.