Thursday, October 18, 2007

Need to Read

I may not be a great writer, but I am a great reader. My need to read started at a very young age – I still have all of the books from my childhood. Not to mention that the only time I skipped school was in fifth grade, so that I could sneak home and finish reading Gone With the Wind.

Today, almost all of the books I read are passed on to friends and colleagues. I only keep the books that really move me – books that I plan on rereading throughout the years - this is one of them.

A Three Dog Life, is so beautifully written that I forced myself to read slowly, as I didn’t want to finish it. It is a memoir - about life, love, and the ability to continue when faced with the unimaginable.

The author, Abigail Thomas, didn’t start writing until she was in her late forties. A comforting thought, and also a reminder that it is never to late to get started.

2 comments:

susan said...

Thanks for the inpiration Mika. I promise that one day I will have time to spend my days being a writer. 45 doesn't sound too bad. Uh, actually, maybe it does. :)

Dil said...

I'm gonna read this one Mika. I read the other books you mentioned Eat Pray Love
and Grace Eventually.....
enjoyed them!!