Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dream On


The Ryan's are a family of vivid dreamers, as in sleep walking, sleep talking, crazy, lucid dreamers. Even the pugs seem to have doggie dreams, and often bark, pant, moan and twitch while they sleep.

We also have reoccurring dreams, here are a few of our favs:

Tom's top pick goes something like this:
He's living in a flat in London, when suddenly there's a knock on the door. When he goes to answer he's surprised to find it's the Queen - not the old queen - but the young queen (who according to Tom is quite the babe). Anyway, the Queen comes in and asks Tom if she can crash at his pad, seems this whole Queen thing is really starting to get to her. Apparently the queen is looking for a career change. Tom of course has to convince her that even though it's a tough gig, the world needs her. After a great deal of cajoling he finally gets the Queen to return to her duty.


Mika's pick:
I like to call my favorite dream Alaska Man. In the dream Tyler quits school and moves to Alaska - where he grows a beard, wears plaid flannel shirts and has the whole Grizzly Adams thing going on. After a quick game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Tom and I decided that it's my turn to go to Alaska and bring Tyler home. When I get there, I find that even though he's poor, Alaska kicks ass. It's beautiful, there are bears, a cool bar where we hang out with the locals, Northern Lights, and something that looks an awful lot like a dodo bird. The dreams ends with me being incredibly proud of my son, Alaska man. Who seems to have figured out what life is really all about.

1 comment:

Dil said...

Tell Tom I went out for Chinese with "Chuck and Di" back when they were in Edmonton for the Commonwealth Games. Di was moaning and groaning about all the "hard work" of being a Princess. After a quick flying lesson ( not in an airplane...the Peter Pan type of flying) I had her back at the job too. Jeesh, where would the Monarchy be without Tom and I.