Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Magic


Moment of truth, lately life has been a bit of a struggle. For months it's been one thing after another - my knee injury, Tex's back surgery, the fact that our little nest egg has taken a serious hit with the drop in stock prices, Sarah Palin - oh yeah, did I mention that our son lives in a country that is currently undergoing a coup? Let's just say that neither Tom or I have been at our best.

This evening Tom and Maggie went for a walk and returned minutes after leaving our house. Even though Maggie seemed a little spooked, Tom insisted that Tex and I join them outside, ordering us to make it quick. I wasn't too happy to be going out wearing only my bathrobe and Tom's dress shoes, but just decided to go with it.

There in the moonlight was a big bushy skunk, who slowly saunteered across our lawn as if he was inviting us to admire him. Sometimes if we're really lucky, life sends us beautiful reminders of what it's really all about.

3 comments:

Dil said...

I have been thinking of Tyler lately....hope all is well. I bet that skunk looked great....and you did too!!

Tyra said...

A sweet sister shared this with me and said, "Get the tissue before you watch it." She also told me to pass it on. This video is for anyone who ever feels overwhelmed or burdened. It's for anyone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed or has had an unimagineable tragedy occur in their lives. It's for the imperfect; for the faithless or faithful one; for the mortal humans that we are.

Get the tissue and pass it on. You are loved.

http://www.nooma.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=270&PMID=25&mode=FLV

Watch the video "rain".

Anonymous said...

When the kids were little we went camping at Milk River. One day a "flow" (this is by far the best description for it!) of skunks strolled through our campground. We just stood and stared, one mom and seven little skunkletts! Amazing.