Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Dogs Life

Now that Tex and Maggie are 15 people often ask us for advice on how to raise an older dog. I have a standard answer, explaining that it takes a great deal of love, luck, prayers, a dedicated vet, and good dental hygiene. While all this is certainly true, it is much easier than explaining that in my heart I really believe they're still here because they know their humans still have so much to learn. As crazy as it sounds, my pugs have been two of my greatest teachers.

Today's iphotos, dogs in the hood:
My sweet Maggie, who was originally our neighbour's dog, before coming to live with us. Everyday we are so grateful for our beautiful girl.
My Tex - aka the Dali pug - a sweet, wise, old soul.
Like Paris and New York, Vancouver is a dog loving city. We met this wonderful bloke on our walk today.

A beautiful day in the park with your best friend, does life get any better?

No comments: