Monday, August 15, 2011

Vortex Power

Tom and I are in Sedona, one of the most beautiful places on the planet. So lovely that even Tom, who can be a little jaded, said this is what heaven must look like. Having just come from Vegas we thought it might be a good idea to seek redemption and spend our first day here looking for a vortex.

One of the first things you notice about the locals is they have their own unique vernacular. After hanging out at the local coffee shop, we quickly figured out that in order to fit in one should make liberal use of the word "energy". This is a no brainer for me, being an old hippie at heart, but for Tom it's a bit of a stretch. I'm trying to coach him, teaching him phrases like "I only do things that bring positive energy in my life", "awesome energy man", "you ok dude? -your energy seems a little low".

We finally get to the vortex and find another couple there, taking a few snap shots and doing their best to feel the vibe. They eventually leave in frustration, complaining that other than a twinge in their 6th chakra, they're just not feeling it. Once they leave, Tom and I are feeling less inhibited, and do our best to feel the love.
I am intrigued that all over the world, people leave stones at sacred sights.
Going with the stone theory I decided to see if I can channel the power. Yea, I know I look like a geek, but sun protection is important people.
Tom takes my advice and tries meditating by the stone wheel.
When that doesn't work, he turns into a whirling dervish.

Tom is determined to feel the energy, no matter what it takes.

Even though we weren't hit by lightning bolts, I suddenly realize that my bad knee is feeling better than it has in years. I'm thinking tomorrow we take a different approach, perhaps focus our breathing so that we can get past our mind chatter - and really feel what the universe is trying to tell us. Who knows, maybe I'll even ask one of the local shamans to help us in our quest.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Whoa, looks like Tom found the spot for Big Energy!