Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Secret Lives of Pugs


I recently upgraded my blackberry. The new model has a built in camera - a fun addition when used intentionally. Unfortunately I haven’t quite figured it out, and the damn thing goes off at the most inopportune moments. This can be embarrassing when one is in an important meeting and trying to discreetly check her email.

Most of the images are blurry and indecipherable, but I thought this photo was worthy of note. It reminds me of one of my favorite websites called “Mr. Lee cat cam”. Mr. Lee is a cat whose owner thought it would be interesting to see what he did when left alone. He attached a tiny camera to his felines collar - which takes random still photos throughout the day.

I personally think that Mr. Lee’s photos are really cool, but there is another side of the coin. I have a good friend who recently went to the Caribbean and decided to leave her pooch at a chi chi dog spa. The idea was, during her vacation, she could log onto the spa’s web cam and see what her dog was doing. Unfortunately what she saw ruined her holiday. Every time she went on the web her dog was miserable. All of the other dogs were having a great time, but her poor baby was having a nervous break-down. She caught the next flight home.

I’d love to have a Pug Cam, as I’m convinced Tex and Maggie do all kinds of naughty things when we’re at work. This would have been especially useful when our son Tyler was still living at home. I can’t tell you how many times we would come home from a road trip – only to find the pugs at the door - desperately trying to tell us something. I’m not kidding, they would get right in your face and try to form words. On a few occasions Tyler even went so far as to say “Come on guys, we agreed not to talk about that”.

On the other hand, I suppose ignorance is bliss.

1 comment:

Dil said...

Just TELL them you've installed a pug cam. They'll behave!