Friday, February 22, 2008

Sticks and Stones


There are words I love simply for the way they sound – Africa, Nepal, arroyo – most of them have to do with geography. In fact, Tyler is Tyler because of Tom. If it had been up to me, we would have named him something like “River Santiago Ryan”. (Sorry son, that’s why it’s a good thing to have two parents, as someone always has to be the voice of reason.)

And there are words I love for their meanings. Here is one of my recent favorites:

Animist – a person who respects the diverse community of living beings and spirits with whom humans share the world / cosmos.

Come to think of it, I like Cosmos for the way it sounds too!

2 comments:

Dil said...

One of my favorite sounding words is-diarrhea. Just say it. It's a beautiful sounding word! Go figure!!

Tyra said...

I love the word scrumptous because it sounds as good as it means...as soon as it comes out of your mouth, you want to take a bite out of it! :)