Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Going Back to Cali


Tom and I just came back from Pasadena, a lovely place that I’ve wanted to share with him for several years now. It’s a beautiful city that feels like southern California’s version of Mayberry – with flocks of wild parrots nesting in the many beautiful trees. Here are a few of the highlights:

Celebrity sightings…..at least we think so. I hate to sound vague, but it was one of those weird trips when you think J Lo is in the car next to you, but something seems a little off – so you’re not really sure if it’s the real thing or a poor man’s version. Anyway, we may have seen the Eagles, Thandie Newton, Sheryl Crow, Huey Lewis, Henry Kissinger and someone who looked an awful lot like Elvis.

Coming to accept the fact that we can still be a happy couple, while sitting on opposite sides of the pool. I’m all about the shade and Tom is all about the sun.

And of course every good trip has a punch line. After all that sun, everyone who met Tom had to comment about his colour - “Whoa dude, you’re really red!”. His standard reply was “Don’t worry, it will calm down”, which of course became our reply to everything.

2 comments:

Dil said...

Um....ya, I don't think you saw Elvis........he was here in Edmonton at the Tim Horton's....sorry.

Margaret said...

I love Pasadena! Besides the birthplace of my Mom, one of my favourite memories is going to Bullocks tearoom with my mom and aunt. We watched a fashion show and ate little sandwiches and sipped tea! How civilized.