Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Web Picks



Here are my top Internet picks of the month:

Stuff White People Like
This is embarrassing to admit, but these people are speaking my language. As far as I’m concerned high school sucked, dogs should only be feed organic food, Wal-Mart bad / public radio good, and I’ve been known to stand still at concerts.

Postcards From Yo Mamma
A website that allows you to post notes from mom, here are a few of my fav’s:

*if you are looking for the love of your life at the laundromat, you might want to go twice a month-increase your chances. :)
*Dad and I deposited some money into your bank account since it looks like you blew your last paycheck at H&M.
*Thanks. And I love you no matter what - even when my heart is breaking (see the wet spots on the screen - they are my tears), but don’t feel guilty.
*Hi Jen, Give me call when you get a chance. I want to talk about the shower etc. I have a mammogram at 11:30 today, so I won’t be her then. Mom

The Moth - Storytellers

Download Dan Savages story "Not that Kind of Gay", which will have you laughing out loud.

This American Life

Love the fact that I can listen to all of my favorite radio shows on the ipod. Download "Nice Work If You Can Get It" and learn what it really means to be Microsoft Man.

2 comments:

Maggy and Me - said...

Haven't checked out these sites yet, but love that Mac ad campaign... :)

Tyra said...

It's like I'm reading about my neighbor (the Norweigan)! Although different in personalities, you and she share the same beliefs...too bad you can't come over for tea to discuss the Sami people!