Saturday, April 26, 2008

Good Times



The other day a friend of mine used the phrase “son of a bitch” – I was immediately overcome with warm nostalgic feelings – it’s been years since I’ve heard anyone use that phrase.

My grandfather was 6’7, as big in personality as he was in stature. He mastered the use of “son of a bitch” and used it in a wide variety of situations. A few examples:

When seeing an old friend -“You old son of a bitch, how the hell are you”
When talking about government -“those sons of bitches in Washington”
When reminiscing – “son of a bitch, those were good times”
When seeing an alien space craft – “son of a bitch!”

I miss my grandpa and his words of wisdom – in fact, just saying “son of a bitch” gives me a warm fuzzy feeling – so I’ve decided to start incorporating it into my vocabulary. Just think of it as the word of the day, with a twist.

Peace out, you sons of a bitch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those words!! And use them way more than I should..it is for sure a Texas thing. You are so funny!!

Tyra said...

Please don't start actin like us Texas Rednecks...I don't think your friends in Canada will understand...but if you HAVE to another good phrase is...Fixin to...as in "I'm fixin to go to the store." :) BTW, I stopped using that phrase when I moved to Dallas County, they all looked at me like I was a alien.