Monday, November 17, 2008

Paris Tips

Tom and I love Paris, one of the world's great cities. Here are a few of our favorite haunts:


Museums
Even though the Louvre is a must do, I prefer the Musee
d'Orsay. For a special treat go to the Centre Georges Pompidou for lunch.

Favorite market - Marche d'Aligre
If you're looking for a taste of the real Paris go to Marche d'Aligre. This market dates back to 1643 and appeals to locals from all walks of life. Go early as vendors start closing around noon.

Best haunt for fashionistas - Nina Jacob
One of the few places you can find affordable, local design. Word of warning, Nina's is not for the faint of heart. The first year we went, Nina loved Tom so much that he made her cry. The second time we went, Tom commented that the jacket I was trying on made me look fat. This infuriated Nina, who immediately kicked Tom out of the store. No kidding.


Cool hood - Marais
I love hanging out in Marais. It's one of the oldest neighborhoods in Paris and home to many talented artists and designers.

Best local eats - Chartier
An early 20th-century workers canteen that has retained it's atmosphere. Expect to share your table with the locals and get there early as it's always packed.

5 comments:

Janice said...

love Tom's new intellectual- existential glasses... very Paree. We'll start referring to you two as Sartre and de Beauvoir.

Marot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marot said...

Tom new glasses are so cool

Margaret said...

Will you take me with you next time you go to Paris? You sure know how to do it right. And loving the specks Tom!

Dil said...

When I go to Paris.....*sigh*....if I go to Paris......another sigh....I will print this off and take it with me.....and get me a pair of those glasses!!!