My friend Eric just tagged me for a quick food meme. Here are the Rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 food facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them)
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Hmmm, having never been part of a meme, here goes:
1. I’m a vegetarian - my rule of thumb is, if I can’t do what it takes to bring it to the table – I don’t eat it.
2. I can really relate to “When Harry Met Sally”, as I’m married to the male version of Sally. Tom has all kinds of crazy food rules. Here are a few of my favorites:
Food should never touch or be mixed in anyway. This eliminates anything in the casserole family – a challenge, as I sure do love a good casserole..
Must have extra salad dressing, extra sauce on pizza, extra mustard on sandwich, extra on everything. I personally think this is a direct result of being the youngest of four boys, often resulting in a “Lord of the Flies” battle over who got the last piece of pizza
3. Mexican food is better than sex……..seriously…….well at least most of the time.
4. My favorite childhood treat was taking the sugar powder out of candy straws, and spreading it on a piece of wonder bread.
5. I grew up in a house of wonderful cooks. But when I left home, I only knew how to make chocolate chip cookies. My mom was very worried that I would go hungry, so she decided to write down super easy recipes for me to follow. Here’s one that I would like to share with you:
Buy jar of pasta sauce.
Open Jar and heat sauce.
Poor sauce over cooked pasta. (Mom never did teach me how to cook the damn pasta....)
So in the spirit of the meme, I tag the following people:
Lovely Marotness, who cooked wonderful and exotic dishes for us, but also burned our tongues!
Worldly Nina, who is married to a food star at Nina's Place
Passionate Tyra, who understands the importance of fried okra.
Witty and wise Susan at tunicate.
Funny and talented Dil at This So Called Life