Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good Times


My cousin Tyra recently sent me some old photo's via facebook, which bring back memories of good times. Let's start with a little photo I like to refer to as "Our Gang". The two adorable little boys are my brothers David and Jody, along with me and my cousins (Tyra is the cutie on the right with the pixie).

As you can see from the first photo my hair is naturally straight. Here I am at 20, a time in life when it really was "all about me". This is a good example of how easy it is to lose perspective. It was Dallas in the 80's, and my big focus in life was achieving maximum volume with the hair. At that time it wasn't unusual to see me shaking my fist at the sky, shouting "why me God, when will I ever have Big Hair!" Tyra and Peaches are my trusty companions.

Tom, Mika and Tyler - a time when I had Brook Shield eyebrows and Tom went everywhere dressed like a professional golfer.

Posted by PicasaTyra and Mika trying to determine if blondes really do have more fun.

4 comments:

Maggy and Me - said...

Love these shots. It's remarkable how much you and Tyra look alike. Nothing like family to carry you through the years... Also the shot of you, Tom and Tyler - very, very sweet! :)

Tyra said...

Ha...ha...aren't those pics great?? I found them in a box and thought I had to share. I just love the pics with David and Jody...I just want to squeeze their little cheeks! Yes, Tom did look like a professional golfer...or a republican (EEK)!! What's up with that, Tom? I prefer us with blonde hair, thank you very much! The picture of Tyler is how I always remember him; just a little boy.

Marot said...

Nice pictures!!1

Dil said...

Wow....did I see you at Woodstock?
hee hee