Sunday, January 4, 2009

Passings

It's been a sad month, a time of loss for many of our family and friends. This poem is for our sweet neighbor Lila, who passed away last week - for my step sister Debbie, who lost her young son in a car accident - for Kristen who lost dear Yukon - for Dawn who is missing her darling Maggie - for our son Tyler, who was supposed to be celebrating New Years at a club in Bangkok and decided not to go at the last minute, narrowly missing a fire that took over 50 young souls, including several of his friends.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there, I did not die...
- Anonymous

3 comments:

Tyra said...

Life is short and precious...savour every minute! I'm sorry for your losses.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mika. Even though I don't know Dawn personally, we share a sad bond of losing our canine family members recently. Please pass along a cyber hug from me to her.

Maggy and Me - said...

Hi Mika - this is beautiful. Thanks and best wishes to all who have suffered recent losses too. (And thanks Kristine - sending a hug back to you).

Dawn