Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Blame it on the Pugs


It’s the damndest thing - over the past year both Tom and I have started snoring.

We’re talking serious snoring, people. Imagine a huge hibernating bear and you get the general idea.

I’m not sure what happened, as neither of us ever snored before now. Well okay, maybe once in a blue moon Tom would gently snore, but only when he was really, really tired.

Tom’s theory is we’ve been sleeping with the pugs for so long that their loud snoring has rubbed off on us. I personally think that’s a lame excuse, as I've also noticed that both Tom and Tyler have suddenly stopped farting since we’ve had Tex and Maggie. You'd be amazed at how many things you can blame on the dog.

I know it’s important to embrace change – I’m just not sure that I’m ready for this new, noisy phase of our lives.

3 comments:

Tyra said...

Each time I was pregnant I would snoar in my last trimester...so badly that my husband wouldn't sleep with me any longer. Of course, I blamed it on gaining weight and the baby pushing on my ribs...I'm not sure what that had to do with it, but it sounded good. Thankfully, I have stopped snoaring, but it took 3 years!!!

Perhaps the two of you are secretly wishing you were pregnant or a pug...one or the other sounds good to me!

Dil said...

At least you admit it! When I tell my husband how he snores he adamantly refuses to believe it's possible! " No I didn't!" he repeats. " If it was that loud I would've woken up!" he says. Ya right, children have vomited beside him in bed and he doesn't wake up.
I'm just glad I don't snore.

Marot said...

I was on a trip and i met one dog that fart and his fart was really unbearable for us since it was in a restaurant