Friday, March 7, 2008

Royalty


Last night, over cocktails, a friend of mine dropped a bombshell. It seems that someone we all know has added a "von" to their name - as in I'm "Freaking von Special".

Our first response was shock, frankly the whole idea seemed a tad narcissistic. But after a few glasses of wine, it all started to make sense. After all, it's possible to go Royal without losing your roots.

So, in the future, please refer to the crew as:


  • Dame Mika Ryan
  • Lady Dawn Charlton
  • Thomas, Lord of Kitsilano
  • Texas Tornado Ryan Esquire
  • Princess Maggie Ryan of False Creek
  • Carla Mont the Third
  • Josie von Heisig
  • Pheobe von Katzburg
  • Kate the Great
  • Stevie Lennox (what can I say, he thinks Annie is the Queen)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Protocol! Let there be protocol! The Queen is called Your Majesty initially and Ma'am (rhymes with jam) as the conversation continues. Other members of the Royal Family are called Your Royal Highness initially and Sir/Ma'am as the conversation continues. So, Ma'am Rhymes With Jam, you wear the crown well!

Pheobe Kaatz said...

This is a happy day! I've wanted to have a 'von' in my name for the longest time. What can I say? I have always had an affinity for the von Trapp family.

Dil said...

"Here, Here!!"
says, Dilys
"Mc"Kulchitsky.....oh...wait....Mc....
not quite what you meant....
Here! Here!....said Lady Dilys

Dil said...

Ha! Thought of another one....Dilys Elizabeth the Only!

Maggy and Me - said...

Just an insight - Lord Thomas seems a bit hung up on the Queen, as this protocal aside... :)

Tyra said...

Being a Texan, I'm confused by this post...I'm sorry to say, but I don't get the whole royalty thang! In the south, we have our own Royalty titles like...Bubba, Junior and Sissy...just call me Sissy Von Junior!

Maggy and Me - said...

Hey there - just read these posts and must say I have no idea what I meant!? Must have been the wine in the afternoon...

susan said...

I love it!