Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bad Baby


Like all families, we have our morning routine. As much as it pains me to admit this, I like watching “Bringing Baby Home” while I get ready for work. The thing is, this little habit of mine drives Tom absolutely crazy.

I used to watch CNN every morning, but at some point I decided starting my day with all that doom and gloom might not be such a good thing. It’s not that I want a baby, that certainly isn’t my motivation. I just like watching families living in the moment, when everything is still possible.

As much as Tom hates the show, it’s usually not an issue, as most of the time he's still fast asleep when it's on. The scary thing is, the other morning my reality show and his dream world collided.
The pugs and I were upstairs watching an episode about a couple who just gave birth to a little girl named Michaela. I must have had the TV volume cranked, because at that very minute Tom was having a nightmare. In his dream he had given birth to a little girl named – you guessed it – Michaela. I’ll spare you all the details, just imagine a cross between Rosemary’s baby and Dameon and you get the general idea.

Oh well, tomorrow morning the pugs and I are going to stick to Mighty Mouse cartoons.

3 comments:

Dil said...

I love reality/dream merges....they crack me up! I had a dream once where someone was biting my nose.....I woke up from my nap pushing away at the nose biter, groaning in pain as my headphones were off my ears in front of my face, bending my nose at a right angle.

Maggy and Me - said...

Hey Mika - it was great to chat with you the other night. Miss that!

Have to say that as I come to your blog to check in with you on a regular basis that this baby freaks me out - please post something new!

xo Dawn

Marot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.