Sunday, May 4, 2008

Does It Make Me Look Fat?


I got my first glimpse of the new Canadian Olympic uniforms on my friend Pheobe’s blog. At first I thought this was her idea of a joke. Miss Pheobe is known as a fashionista with a wicked sense of humour. It wasn’t until I tuned into the local news that I realized she was serious.

So the uniforms are a little out there, I’m okay with that. Let’s be honest, didn’t the fun go out of the Academy Awards once everyone started letting stylist's dress them? I personally think the world is a much better place when we can look forward to the odd fashion disaster.

I also like the fact that they make a bold statement - not only am I a world class athlete who can kick your ass, but I’m also comfortable with my sexuality – and if this doesn’t work out I can always start a career as a hip hop artist or might just be the next big kung fu star.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Hey, If backed into a corner and forced to choose between the worst of these items or an above-the-knee schoolgirl skirt, I'm all over the former.

Dil said...

Wow, those are......sorry , I just had to check back to see if I saw shoulder pads....phew! Just a little M.C. Hammer I think.....da- da- da da....da-da.....da-da can't touch this.

Maggy and Me - said...

Yikes. I'd like to know what the actual athletes think... and not sure Canada's cool uni's will be the toast of Beijing as they have been elsewhere!