Sunday, August 17, 2008

Man Hell

Beijing is a shopper's paradise. While here I've done my very best to support the local economy, buying pearls (pink, black and white), chunky turquoise necklaces, art, Buddhas, purses....... you get the idea.

Even though Tom and Chris (Josie's husband) have done a little shopping of their own (tailor made suits and shirts), they refer to the whole shopping experience as "Man Hell". Apparently their feelings about shopping with the wife are universal.

A few of our colleagues went to Beijing Ikea and reported that all of the display beds were filled with men - who were stretched out and sleeping while their wives were busy shopping. A few husbands even thought to bring eye shades and ear plugs.

Here are a few photo's of Panjiayuan market:

Buddha anyone?



He's got the whole world....



Beautiful local woman



He ain't heavy, he's my Buddha.




4 comments:

Pheobe Kaatz said...

On behalf of the pugs and I, we are all hoping you bring us lots of treats. We are desperately missing fries from our diets.

Go Canada!

PK

Tyra said...

Can you pick me up a faux prada purse while you're there? Many thanks! :)

Dil said...

I'm not a typical gal I guess 'cause I'm not much for shopping.....but what you describe is so much more! It's SHOPPING! and sight seeing and people watching.....I'm jealous!!

Anonymous said...

You sound and look like you are having the most amazing time! Say hi to Tom, Jos and Quatchi from me!!

I was very happy when my three countries were on the podium in the rowing last week....Australia gold, Canada silver and NZ bronze....I was very, very proud!!

Ainz x