Monday, October 27, 2008

Loco

What a difference a day makes – within the past 24 hours I’ve gone from normal, average Joe – to crazy pug lady.

It happened at the Doctor’s office, during a post-op check up. Everything was going really great, Dr. Hughes (a very talented surgeon with the bedside manner of House) assured me that my knee was healing nicely.

It all went horribly wrong when I tried to discuss my concerns over Tex’s reaction to my knee. Since having the surgery, he’s been obsessed with it, incessantly sniffing and trying to scratch it. If you’ve been reading my blog, you know this can’t be a good thing. It’s actually kind of freaking me out –think of the soundtrack from Jaws and you’ll have a pretty good idea of how I’m feeling.
Life Lesson - Some things are best not shared with your Doctor. Chances are, he’s not going to take your pug's concerns too seriously.

3 comments:

Maggy and Me - said...

Maggy says:

Who's loco exactly? I think the dumb old doctor is - even though there's nothing to worry about. Why doesn't he recognize the power of the pug, even if it's Tex saying he's not happy that you're hurtin'? Pthlew!

Dil said...

Did you tell the quack about Tex's sniffing talents? It probably is just the bandage/splint/suture smell that has Tex all sniffy, but there's nothing wrong with seeking a second opinion, and if that second opinion scoffs at you...go to Tex and Maggies vet??? Maybe, just maybe the vet'll do a little human knee looky see???

Marot said...

Get well soon Mika

Love
Marot