Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Place Your Bets


This evening while watching a chick flick, Tom and I got into a discussion about sensitive men. It was a little strange as Tom normally doesn't do chick flicks - but lately he’s worried that I’m spending way too much time downstairs in my woman cave - and as a result he’s making a huge effort not to grab the remote and switch to CNN, sports or the history channel.

He tried to be a good sport, counting to 10 before mocking the actors, wondering why women have such a thing for sensitive men. To be honest I wasn't paying too much attention to his ranting, until he bragged that he could fool any woman into thinking he was a SNAG (sensitive new age guy). This act of male bravado was just too good to be true, so who can blame me for egging him on. The end result is Tom and I have a little bet - for the next month he has to be the ultimate SNAG.

To be honest, I’m concerned that we have two different ideas of what constitutes a sensitive man. After hearing his thoughts, I’m a little worried that when I come home tomorrow, I’ll find Tom wearing a puffy shirt and ponytail, writing poetry while baking organic pug treats. (Not to worry dear reader, if he does I’ll be sure to capture it on the flip).

All I can say is, fasten your seat belts Tex and Maggie, it's going to be a helluva ride.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok. I found an information here that i want to look for.

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Pheobe Kaatz said...

I am thinking Tom's best SNAG routine will last about as long as Project 365.

Of course, I'm willing to be swayed. If Tom ponies up some Fancy Feast, I could be his cheerleader.

PK

Dil said...

Sounds familiar....if there's any romance, poignancy or tears Kevin starts crinkling the chip bag, making throat clearing distracting noises and almost breaks out in hives-- and you should see what he does during a chick flick!

Maggy and Me - said...

Who on earth are your new friends? Interesting handles...

susan said...

Have you read "How to be Good" by Nick Hornby? Good luck with the bet!