Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bad, Bad Things


It's been a tough couple of weeks, seems like I'm always struggling to find my groove. Today I may have bottomed out.

All of my dog walkers are on holiday and Tom has a gig in the Queen Charlotte's - which means I've been rushing home every afternoon to walk the dogs.  Today was the first sunny day in a week - so I decided that we'd take a longer walk and soak up some Vitamin D. 

One hour later, I realize I had walked around Granville Island with the back of my skirt tucked into my tights.  Which explains why all of those people were smiling at me. I thought the smile said "cute pugs" instead of "you poor idiot, your ass is hanging out".

The real burn is I stopped and chatted with neighbors along the way, gave our handy man hell for not fixing my door, bent over several times to scope poop. 

Life, you do have a way of humbling me. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be doing the dog walking thing tomorrow morning since Scott's out of town... I'll be wearing jeans though.

Tyra said...

LOL! Hysterical! I soooo wish you had that on video. That takes me back to 10th grade biology where I am sitting by a really cute guy who never spoke to me...until one day...to tell me I was wearing pink underwear...he knew this because my fly was down. I wanted to die! I've had more "underwear" incidents than I would like to recollect. Not the first time; won't be the last. Perhaps it's in the genes...

Dil said...

Ha ha! Reminds me of me, younger ( therefore wearing a bikini with a front clasp top), hot sunny beach, running into the water in front of friend to turn around and splash her......her.....trying while laughing hysterically to tell me something, squeeqing out a weak "No!", me, thinking she just doesn't wanna be splashed, splashes harder, flailing my arms wide, fully facing crowded beach....I'm tanned, they're ( you know what) not.......crap.