Monday, March 26, 2007

Baby Boy




His name is Tyler Ryan, but at different times in his life we have called him Bucky, Baby Boy, Poopsie, Sweetie, Cutes, Tdog, Bubbie- my sweet, wonderful son.

I come from a family of Republican, born-again Christians - I lost my religion along time ago, not to mention that I am as far to the left as you can get. I love my family, they're good people.

I have a feeling that we aren't so different from other families, because we love each other we've learned from trial and error what topics we should avoid. I go home and sort of become who they expect me to be.

An interesting thing happened to me a few years ago - my beautiful son left home to discover his life. He started sending emails home, passionate, opinionated, no holds barred emails - a few that took me a little off guard. Okay, so you have a new tattoo - keep repeating "It's not so bad, he's not a Republican, he's not a Republican".

I realized that I really want to know my son, and in order to do that I have to be open to everything he sends me.

When I first showed this blog to my husband his first response was "do you really want your mother to read this"? Yes.....I think.

No comments: