Saturday, March 24, 2007

A few things you should know

I've been known to invent words, or as my husband says I totally bastardize the English language.

Case in point, George Bush, a very bad president - yet as soon as he opens his mouth a part of me feels empathy. You see I too grew up in West Texas, a place where people are "fixin to have lunch" and want you to "looki over there". Blame it on geography...

I was a voracious reader from a young age, and when you live in West Texas this means that you are reading words that people never say in real life. Left WT as soon as I could, but found that I had this really weird language and way of pronouncing words. This has caused me more than my share of embarrassment, but is always good when in need of an amusing cocktail story.

Looking back I've always loved geographical names, Africa, Santiago, Paris. Life has been good to me, I've even been able to travel to many of the places I used to read about.

No comments: