Monday, March 26, 2007

The Functional Family

When my son was in grade four he came home from a sleep over and declared "Oh my god, we really are functional".

I'd like to meet the person who coined that phrase, the functional family - I personally think they were probably raised by wolves.

All families have their quirks, some more than others.

For example, at some point my little family started talking in acronyms. At first it was fun, but it eventually became serious business. When asked why the dogs are barking one might reply "TCS" - in other words it's a "two cat situation".

Not to mention the FPU - fake pick-up. Only to be used with a sick dog who is doing his business in the bushes - and you only have one bag left.

My son likes to point out that I have a talent for using the word "ass" - did I mention I grew up in West Texas? As in CAP - cute ass pug or SAH - skanky ass husband.

Anyway, I'll be in DC for the rest of the week, ttfn.

1 comment:

rickshaw said...

Hey, weekend arrived and I finally got to read your stuff. I really love it and I agree that it gives people (family) a different view of you.

Good for you!!! Keep going.