Saturday, March 24, 2007

Here goes nothing

I have a confession, I hate most blogs....I really don't care what you had for breakfast - wouldn't it be cheaper to just go to therapy - are most people's vacations really that boring?

Anyone who has ever written a diary or poem, only to find out years later that what seemed so deeply profound is actually deeply embarrassing, will appreciate my hesitation.

So why blog?

Timing for one thing. I'm at a place in my life that can only be described as precious, beautiful, a real life bonafide "it" moment. Like everyone else I've done my share of searching, worked for the man, wondered if this is all there really is - somehow when I wasn't looking life just crept up on me, I stopped wondering and started living (go ahead cringe, I am fully aware that I have just veered into dangerous hallmark territory).

Maybe someday this will be just an embarrassing memory.....but just maybe it will remind me of everyday beauty.......remind me to stop worrying about things that really don't matter and focus on what is real and true.

2 comments:

The Travel Girl... said...

Way to go, Mika. Smart, funny... just like you! I've added you to my favourites and look forward to reading from time to time.

H.

Juneprint said...

Thanks! I thoroughly enjoyed the read. I am looking forward to the stage when I stop wondering. And, I think your mother will be proud that she raised a woman who thinks for herself.