Sunday, May 6, 2007

Help Wanted


I’m going to be honest with you, Tom and I are in dire need of a wife - nothing would make me happier than to come home and find June Cleaver at the door.

Is it just us, or do other couples with two careers and family struggle with this balancing act?

Lately I find myself daydreaming about a life where everything really does have a place – I’d like to get up at night without stepping on a chew toy.

So in the next few months we are going to purge – get rid of half of what we own and strip down to only that which is essential.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be the moon that's creating this desire for clear spaces and organization. We call it purging, our mother's called it Spring Cleaning. Either way, I'm riding the same wave length you are.

susan said...

My family and I spent yesterday purging our house and finding a place for everything - strike that - more things than before.

The best year I had was spent with four people in a small camper. We each had a whopping 1 ft x 1 ft x 1 ft of space each for our clothes, and a similar space for all our books and games, combined. Simplify, simplify, simplify!

Dil said...

My "old" next door neighbors did an extreme purge. They became empty nesters( for about 2 months) then adopted 2 crack babies) then sold EVERYTHING ( home, furniture, really nice shoes), bought a boat and took off with their babies to the high seas with nothing but diapers, diapers, diapers, some clothes and a really good attitude!