Sunday, June 3, 2007

Chica's Unite


Recently I read something that resonated with me , a quote from an intelligent woman talking about our evolving relationship with Barbie.

It seems we started by playing with Barbie – during the feminist movement we held Barbie in disdain – and today, many young women want to be Barbie.

I wonder what all of the woman who fought for equal rights would think of the Paris, Brittany, Jessica and Lindsey’s of the world? Are we living in the era of the hoochies?

This doesn’t mean I don’t think woman should be sexy – I just don’t think you should have to dumb down to feel that way – isn’t it more attractive to be sexy and intelligent?

My friend Josie is getting married, so my weekend was spent celebrating with a group of sharp, attractive, funny, independent woman. Woman who are well read, run marathons, know how to order wine, raise children and run companies. Woman who inspire me – this is for the Chica’s.

No comments: