Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I Need a Tyler Fix



  • I had a hard time deciding what to blog about today.

    After my yoga class I was all over the map - I could have mused about everything - from
    meditation to my desire to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.

    Then I watched the Republican debate and was no longer feeling Zen. So I decided to count to ten before getting into a political rant.

    Instead, I’d like to share with you a few of the things I miss about my son – who is living in far away Thailand and teaching English in a Buddhist Monastery.


  • He’s my movie buddy. Since he’s been gone I rarely go to the cinema.

  • His sense of humour. He’s one of the funniest people I know.

  • His goofy little dances.

  • The great service I get in restaurants. Dine with a handsome young man and you’ll understand what I’m talking about.

  • His interesting view of the world – idealistic yet pragmatic.

  • Those big shoes that he leaves by the front door.

  • His ‘posse’.

  • Playing board games with him and his ‘posse’.

  • The way he would put you in a stronghold, and challenge you to break free – this used to drive me crazy but now I miss it.

  • The way his hair sticks up all over in the morning – something I refer to as “Rooster Head”.

  • His obsession with Mexican food – no one gets more excited by guacamole.

  • I miss everything about my little boy.

3 comments:

Dil said...

Hey what happened???? ok last time I saw Tyler I think he was 9.....isn't it weird how kids age and change so much and we don't?
( nodding and smiling)

Anonymous said...

I always seem to have spare boys hanging around the house... feel free to borrow one or two whenever you feel the need to fill the gap.

susan said...

Anytime you want to see a flick, give me a call!