Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Reading Room


I may not be a very good writer, but I’m a great reader. My husband once said that I’m the only person he knows who goes on reading binges - I think he should be grateful that my vice isn’t sex, drugs or rock and roll.

So let me tell you about my first great read of the summer - a lovely book called “Eat, Pray, Love”, by Elizabeth Gilbert. The story of one woman’s quest for that elusive "thing" everyone searches for at one point in their life.

The writer goes to Italy to immerse herself in pleasure – India on a quest for the spiritual – and ends her journey in Indonesia, were she learns how to balance the two.

If anyone is interested in reading it, I have a copy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will take yor copy!!

Tyra said...

Hey...my mom read your blog and she wanted me to tell you that "great minds think alike." She read too...and liked it!

Tyra