Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An Apple a Day


My friend recently called to share a scary but funny story. It seems her family had to cut their weekend trip to Whistler short, rushing back to Vancouver so she could take her husband to the emergency room. Apparently he was in terrible pain, convinced he was at deaths door. The good news - he was only constipated, the bad news - he still insists that the Doctor must be wrong.

To be honest this story makes me feel much better about life, thank god it’s not just our family who deals with this little quirk. You see Tom doesn’t have headaches, he has potential strokes. While other families share news about their day, we have what Tyler likes to refer to as the “cancer of the week”.

After Tom has a luncheon date, it isn’t unusual for a well meaning friend to call our house suggesting a good neurosurgeon. Call me jaded, but I just smile and assure them that Tom is on the mend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might help if Tom didn't pick up flower bulbs and attempt to eat them!

Dil said...

I'll never forget the bubblegum in the armpit/heart attack story!!

Pheobe Kaatz said...

Hmmm... makes me worry about Tom travelling through Asia. I'll tell the Middle-Cat to pack some extra Purell.

Tyra said...

The way to deal with this is to be proactive...as my husband could attest to, I have spent tons of money on vitamins...I currently take 10 a day! On the flip side, my pee is a pretty neon yellow color!