Saturday, July 26, 2008

Quatchi flies to Bangkok


Wow...what a great start to the journey!

My travelling buddy, Tom (who I will in all future posts refer to as T) asked the nice Air Canada hostess if I could sit in the bulkhead seat, near the window, of this humongous aeroplane.

The view was wonderful! We flew over Vancouver Island, Haida Gwaii, Alaska, Kamchatka, Japan (saw Mt. Fuji), Taiwan - before finally landing in Hong Kong 14 hours later.

We had bright sunshine the whole trip, and T was glued to the window watching the landscape glide by....

The problem was, the other 387 passengers on the plane all wanted to watch the in-flight movie, and every one of them was screaming in Chinese to 'shut the window' so they could see the front screen.

T smiled and calmly explained to me that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to fly over the Pacific Ocean to the Far East, and besides, the other passengers could watch Mission Impossible II any other time.

This made perfect sense to me - so for the entire trip to Hong Kong, T and I had our noses pressed to the window.

The other really cool thing was, every toddler on board the airplane had to make a point of visiting me in my seat, and petting me. This was really, really cute. For the first hour or so.....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dil said...

Hey Quatchi ( who I will refer to as Q in all future comments) I'm so glad your trip is off to a good start.....and a safe one! Good to see your seatbelt fastened securely and your table top in the upright position. I think pretty soon everyone in China will know of you and the petting will stop soon......hang in there.

Tyra said...

Q...check your label, I bet you originally came from China! You are going back to your homeland! :)

Marot said...

i'm laughing at tyra's comment