Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quatchi meets Somklon


Today I had a special experience.

T came into my room, pulled away my mosquito net, yanked off my covers, and said “Quatchi, get out of bed - today you are in for a big surprise!”

T had rented a motor-scooter, and we were going to visit the countryside - off the beaten path from the resort town of Krabi.

After a few harrowing minutes of Tom driving on the wrong side of the road, we arrived at Somklon’s house. Somklon’s is a big, honkin’ Asian Elephant - and I WAS GOING TO RIDE HIM !!!

At first, I wasn’t that scared, but Somklon on the other hand had never seen a Sasquatch, and he wasn’t too sure about letting me on his back. T suggested to the guide that I let Somklon hold me in his long elephant trunk, just to get used to me. The nice man looked at T kind of funny, and said “Somklon eat Quatchi”. So we didn't do that.....
Meeting Somklon's buddies
Meeting Somklon's trainer

Introducing myself to Somklon


Whoa boy, watch that trunk!

No comments: