Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes


I recently had the pleasure of visiting the Andy Warhol museum in Pittsburgh. Even though I enjoyed his take on pop culture, it was his bag period which I found most interesting.

I could relate, as in the late 80’s Tom also went through a bag (big ass glasses) period. While I wasn’t crazy about them, I didn’t really have the heart to tell him that maybe it was time for a makeover.

Fortunately Tyler provided Tom with the much needed motivation to make a change. It happened at a dinner party we were hosting, in hindsight Tyler would have only been around 4 years old. It was a fun evening with much laughter and good conversation - at one point the room became silent – you couldn’t help but notice that Tyler was staring intently at Tom. At which point baby boy announced “whoa daddy, your glasses are almost bigger than your face.”

The next day Tom went shopping.

2 comments:

Marot said...

have a look at Nicole and Paris they all wearing big glasses ... i think Tom just born in a wrong year thats all haha

Dil said...

A little better than....Mommy! Your bathing suit is huge!